Tuesday, April 28, 2020

2019 Completions

2019 was a pretty productive year for me, sewing-wise. First off, my MIL moved just down the street from us, so I had a few more options for kid-entertainment when I sewed. Second, falling in love with and following some pretty amazing professional seamstresses online encouraged me to branch out. I bought a New-to-me used Babylock Imagine, which paved the way for some more ambitious sewing adventures and kept me excited. With my new, easier-to-use serger I got back into woven, and even tried out Tulle and organza skirts for my creations. Plus my first local nephew was born, and of course having a baby to sew for is always fun.

In addition to baby clothes, 2019 was the "year of the set" for me. I made sibling sets, Father/son sets, a mother-daughter set, and even Grandma got in on the action with one of my "sibling sets" turned multi-generational. I also managed to lure my daughter in for a *little* bit of sewing - she made a skirt and some shorts - but I think she's not quite ready for the speed of the sewing machine yet (she's 7). My family also made a last-minute trip to Disneyland (weekend commando raid), which provided the inspiration (motivation?) for a three-week sewing blitz that ended in cute Disney outfits for my husband, son, and mother.

And finally, it was the end of an era on my Oz quilt. A decade after I made the first pillow, and about 6 years after I made the quilt, I finished the last pillow and gifted it to my MIL. It's kind of crazy to think that I have been sewing for over a decade (and actually now that I think on it that means this blog will also be ten years old in 2020), and to realize that when I started that project, my husband (and the father of my children) was just my boyfriend and I hadn't made a single quilt yet.

At any rate, without further reminiscing, here are my completions from 2019:

Here's Your Frog Hoodie (link)



Completed: Jan 2019
Pattern: Megamax Raglan (with CKC Haven Pocket)
A Fun Hoodie for my son, whose favorite color is green. A fussy cutting masterpiece!

Aurora Fun Dress (link)

Completed: Jan 2019
Pattern: Girl's Fun Tee + SLPCo Isla
My daughter fell in love with this panel, and though it was cut off at the bottom, we found a way to make it work!

Fairy Tale Birthday Shirt (link)


Completed: Feb 2019
Pattern: CKC Esther
My first commission! My MIL picked out the fabric and pattern, and we gifted this shirt to my niece on her birthday.

Pajamas of WarCraft (link)


Completed: Feb 2019
Pattern: Brindille & Twig Baby Kimono and Footies
A gift for my local Nephew, who was due Valentine's day.

Pokemon Baby Set (Blanket) & (Outfit)


Completed: Mar 2019
Pattern: Brindille & Twig Baby Kimono and Footies
A set for my local nephew, gifted shortly after he was born.

A Collaboration with A (link)


Completed: March 2019
Pattern: Math!!!
Lots of straight lines made for a good first project for my daughter, who made this skirt mostly by herself!

The Happiest Dress (link)


Completed: March 2019
Pattern: Peekaboo Violet
Gifted to a Friend whose family was making their fist trip to Disney World.

Midsummer LOLs (link)


Completed: Feb 2019
Pattern: Striped Swallow Designs Midsummer's Dream
My Daughter had to have this fabric, and this was a quick summer-y sew!

Final (!) Oz Pillow (link)



Completed: April 2019 2019
Fabric by Quilted Treasures
The final pillow in a 7-pillow series, for my Wizard of Oz loving MIL.

Stormtrooper Father/Son Set (link)



Completed: April 2019
Pattern: Cole's Creation Jerry Raglan (Dad)/ Max & Meena Max Raglan (Son)
A quick set of raglans so the RLQ men can match!

Guardians of the Galaxy Father/Son Set (link)



Completed: April 2019
Pattern: Tie Dye Dive Zee's Tee/ Stitch Upon a Time Huntsman
One good turn deserves another.



Strawberry Shortcake Sister Set (link)



Completed: May 2019
Pattern: SLPCo Isla
Gifted to the children of a close friend over 1500 miles away! My first effort with a Double Border.


A Christmas Shirt for Father's Day (link)



Completed: June 2019
Pattern: Peekaboo Yukon
A Christmas shirt for my train-loving Dad, gifted when he came out to visit for Father's day.


Rainbow Brite Mother/Daughter Set (link & link)




Completed: July 2019
Pattern: Striped Swallow Designs Desert Breeze
Because why should the boys have all the parent-child fun?


Small World Sibling Set (Intro Dresses Romper Finale)



Completed: July 2019
Pattern: Violette Fields Threads June, Ruthie; Brindille & Twig Polo Romper
For my Brother's kids who live just a hop, skip, and a jump from Disneyland!


Zelda Set for Baby W (link)




Completed: August 2019
Pattern: Brindille & Twig Polo Romper
A Sequel to the Pokemon Set.

Back to School Creation for A (Top Shorts)



Completed: August 2019
Pattern: Violet Fields Threads Ruthie & Allie
A Ruffled back-to school shirt from mom, and some shorts she sewed herself!


Should You Need Us... (link)




Completed: August 2019
Pattern: Hey June Lane Raglan
Gifted to a friend who had recently lost a pet.

Golden Sun for Grandma too! (link)




Completed: August 2019
Pattern: Pattern 4 Pirates Basic tee (modified sleeves) 
A last-minute project #1 when we booked a surprise trip to Disneyland

Star War Mickey (link)





Completed: September 2019
Pattern:  Cole's Creations Jerry's Raglan (Dad) / Max Raglan (Son) 
A last-minute project #2 when we booked a surprise trip to Disneyland... this one was really down to the wire!

Descendants Hoodie Dress Repeat (Dress & Socks





Completed: October 2019
Pattern:  CKC Haven's Hoodie 
A sized-up version of one of my Daughter's favorite dresses from 2018


Rainbow Cheetah Tulle two-piece (link



Completed: November 2019
Pattern:  SbPP GIrls' Fun tee and CKC Delaney mash-up (with original tulle skirt)
Inspired by trends at some of my favorite designers, a "test effort" with Tulle 


Frozen Premiere Dress (link



Completed: November 2019
Pattern:  SbPP Girls' Fun Tee 


Using Organza, another 2-piece creation, the top can go with Jeans or a fluffy skirt!

Boys of Frozen (link





Completed: November 2019
Pattern:  Max Raglan
A Frozen premiere outfit for my son, with a matching shirt for his friend!

101 Dalmatians Raglan (link



Completed: November 2019
Pattern:  Cole's Creations Jerry Raglan 
A Christmas gift for my youngest brother

Christmas Train Mickey Raglan (link





Completed: December 2019
Pattern:  Cole's Creations Jerry Raglan
A Christmas present for my youngest brother to turn my Father's Day gift to my Dad into a Father/Son Set


Glad Tidings (link)


Completed: December 2019
Fabric: Glad Tidings by Henry Glass

Made with love (and help!) from my mom, using a panel we picked up in Houston in 2017

Zombie Hunting Princesses (link


Completed: December 2019
Pattern:  CKC Haven's Hoodie
A Christmas Gift for my niece and her Zombie-loving Dad!

Call Me Khaleesi (link



Completed: December 2019
Pattern:  SbPP Girls' Fun Tee
Christmas Gift for my niece nicknamed "Princess"

Stats:
Garments: 37
Woven vs knit: 4 vs 33
Kids vs Adults: 26 vs 9
Garment Sets: 8
Baby sets w/ Blanket: 2
Other projects: 1 (pillow)

WiPs without any progress in 2018Star Wars IIChristmas Traditions. Quilting is shelved while there are so many fun outfits to be made!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You were productive! By now, you've made a whole closet full of clothes. I especially appreciate the outfits made for us - the girls still have their "it's a small world" dresses in their closet rotation. I'm so grateful for such a talented SIL!

    ReplyDelete