Friday, February 14, 2020

A Doggone Train of Christmas Gifts

Before I sewed, it was always hard to shop for my youngest brother A, whose tastes have remained VERY consistent for the past 30 years; over time, he's accumulated just about everything he could want! But of course these days, I know I can always plan on a handmade gift. In previous years, I've made him a  Gone to the Dogs Raglan and a Gone to the Dogs T-Shirt. This year, my stash was piled a little high, so he got *two* goodies from me.


The first was a Dalmatian-themed raglan, since 101 Dalmatians (the live action version) is his favorite movie. For the second, I drew inspiration from the Mickey Train Button-Up shirt I'd made for my Dad. My brother isn't really a woven fabric kind of guy, but fortunately I was able to get my hands on a yard of the same print in knit.


So, why let my husband and my son have all the fun? Here's my Brother on Christmas day opening up his Dalmatian Shirt:


And here he is opening his train shirt.


Look at that grin! Here he is later that day, rocking his new father/son set with my Dad!


It's a family full of handsome men, and well-dressed too!

2 comments:

  1. I love that father and son have matching shirts! I'm a sucker for that. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex wore his train shirt today to go bowling. No pix to share but you can feel proud that those shirts you have made are certainly getting used and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete