Thursday, September 5, 2019

Have Courage... and try Fluff

With my local nephew growing like a weed, it was time for a new outfit. Having just done a Brindille & Twig Polo Romper for my other nephew (of Golden Sun fame), I was ready to see if I really had worked all the kinks out for a second go.


For this romper I chose an amazing print that came all the way from Japan. I loved the characters, loved the artwork, and shipping wasn't half bad. It was definitely a longer wait than most customs, but it was totally worth it.


I'd like to say the second romper made up faster than the first, but honestly, I think it was about the same time. There was lots of "wait... so how DID I solve that" on the repeat run, and one of the drawbacks to a PDF pattern is you don't have printed instructions to mark up. The second time around I made notes on the pattern pieces themselves, hopefully saving myself the trouble in a future run.


The OTHER best thing about this fabric was... the host offered a blanket as well. Remembering my challenges with the Gotta Catch Em All Cotton Lycra/Minky combo Blanket I did some digging, and came up with a recommendation to work with "Fluff" instead.


When the Fluff originally came, I wasn't sure if they'd sent me Minky by mistake, or if I actually had Fluff on hand... it still felt like Minky. But I can honestly say that whatever I got, sewing this blanket up was SO MUCH EASIER than Gotta Catch Em All had been.


The final product is soft, and delightfully cuddly. My SIL refers to it as the magic blanket because apparently just touching it is enough to calm my nephew to sleep. And my BIL had a blast recognizing all the characters as soon as he saw it.

Definitely another winning set!

1 comment:

  1. The artwork on that fabric is positively gorgeous even with me being ignorant about who specifically all the characters are. That blanket looks super cuddly and I will have to explore "Fluff" I too having had a struggling experience with Minky. Feel and tactile luxury are not to be underestimated when compared to visual appearance. I just bought a Halloween throw at HomeGoods even though I am not a super fan of that particular holiday. It just felt sooo good I am looking forward to using it in October. It feels even better than chocolate tastes and THAT's saying something!

    ReplyDelete