This should come as no surprise for anyone who's been following me over at the OKC Modern Quilt Guild, but Winnie the Pooh is done!
I started the quilt in August, in what can only be described as a fit of insanity after finishing Alien Invasion for my nephew. It is based on an adorable panel I found at Katydid's Kid's Fabrics, and supplemented with Fat Quarters from my LQSs and stash. Pieced, it looked like this:
I am especially proud of the cornerstones, which are my second-ever paper piecing project. I wanted to put little suns in the corners, but didn't want to mess with appliqué; so after much contemplation, I downloaded the templates from Swim Bike Quilt's Summer Sampler Evening Star Block, shrank them to about a 4.5" block, and changed up the color scheme a bit. These were definitely the most labor-intensive part of the quilt, but I am very happy with how they turned out. I think they add a cheerful touch to the final product.
Every time I do a scrappy binding, I swear it will be my last. And then, I do another. So, it comes as no surprise that I put the final stitches in the binding (Kona Solids in blue and green - scrappy, of course) when contractions were 10 minutes apart. But as always, I am pleased by the effect. And glad I didn't cut any corners on my daughter's feature quilt.
Go Baby A! And happy sewing, everyone. Best wishes for the holidays!