Thursday, January 16, 2020

Boys of Frozen

My daughter isn't the only Frozen fan in the house; my son also loves Elsa and her friends. So for the Frozen 2 premiere, he too got a few new duds. Initially, he was overjoyed to receive a "Boys of Frozen" raglan, with Elsa + the male members of the cast.


This was a super-quick (and relatively inexpensive) project, consisting of a custom panel and some solids from Purpleseamstress. I used the MegaMax Raglan for the pattern, and it came together in an afternoon. I even snuck back on the site and bought a second panel for one of my son's friends, since it came out so nice.


But apparently fate (and Frozen!) wasn't done with me. When all was said and done with my daughter's peplum, I caught my son admiring that fabric too. It turned out there was *just* enough to eke out a second raglan and so... here he is in his *second* Frozen shirt.


Same pattern, same big smile. Now my son could match his friend OR his sister! 


Here they are partying it up in their matching outfits at home...


... And here they are having fun with friends at the Frozen Premiere! With WAY too much going on to look at mom and the camera, no less.


2 comments:

  1. So fun! It sounds like I was way more into Frozen II than our son. Dan lost his mind one day and decided to take both Lil and William to see Frozen II. I was elsewhere with Viv. Dan spent most of the first half of the movie out in the lobby chasing William while Lillian watched the movie by herself in the theater. Eventually, I did a drive by at the theater's entrance and saved Dan from William's shenanigans so that he could watch the second half of the movie with our 3-year-old, who was still alone in the theater. Both girls were treated to a showing of the movie without William when Nana was in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love sewing matching outfits for you and Dan when you were about this age. I am glad to see you have the double benefit of having themed fabric of characters they love and identify with. That way you get the double pleasure of sewing the clothes and then watching them revel in wearing them. Way to go! And that blue is a great color on them both.

    ReplyDelete