Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Stormtrooper Set

Since I've started sewing knits, I've made my son plenty of raglans. I'd wanted to give my husband a similar gift, but he's harder to please than my son is, and pickier about fit. That said, my shelves were starting to get full of fabric FOR father/son sets, and it became obvious that if I wanted to buy MORE fabric for Father/Son sets (which I always do) I was going to have to take the plunge.


Enter this gorgeous stormtrooper print. This particular fabric host will occasionally pass along savings to her customers by screen printing designs, so this cost about 30% less than your typical custom print. Which made it a prime candidate for an "experimental" set of shirts.


For my 3-year old son, I used the Max & Meena Max Raglan (size 4/5). And for my husband, I used the Cole's Creations Jerry Raglan, size 44. I fussycut a little bit on my husband (and a lot on my son) to get the stormtroopers front & center, but I'm glad I did. Both shirts fit great, and my son in particular was excited to have a stormtrooper shirt.


And I even have a little fabric left over for a another shirt as my son grows! Once I was all done, I remembered the R2D2 Raglan I had made for myself, with fabric from the same supplier. Sadly I could not convince my daughter to put on her "Rebel Princess" dress for a full-family shot, but here the rest of us are in our Star-wars Themed Raglans.


Stay tuned, because clearly, my daughter needs an R2D2 Raglan too!

1 comment:

  1. Stormtroopers? You are indeed taking the fashion world by storm! Your R2D2 shirt is a very flattering fit on you and that last picture of the three of you is a real keeper. Who took the photo.... your Rebel princess daughter by chance? And you really have mastered to "Tee" the fussy cutting skill. Hope you wear these to the next Comicon.. or maybe I should say Star Wars Convention instead.

    ReplyDelete