Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Galaxy of the Force At Galaxy's Edge

One day while organizing my stash, my son caught a glimpse of this fabric, and it was love at first sight. I won't mention how *many* days ago that was, but I will say I had enough time to track down another half-yard "for backup" while I was working up the courage to cut into this lovely print.


Fortunately, our last-minute trip to Disneyland - months after Galaxy's Edge opened, no less - gave me the courage I needed.


At this point I've got the Raglan patterns for my husband and son pretty well worked out. For my son I used the Max Raglan by Max & Meena Patterns with hood, short sleeves, and the no-band options.

For my husband, I used the Cole's Creations Jerry Raglan. I modified the hood to be dual layered (to match my son's) and shortened the shirt about 1.5" since my husband is well under the 5'10" it's designed for. The sleeves don't need any shortening though, per his preference.


My husband and my son both got TONS of compliments on their shirts while wandering Galaxy's Edge - usually when I was out of earshot, sigh. I was also pleased with the results, but then I expected to be, since these are both tried & true patterns for me.


I'd rest on my laurels, but someone else did it for me that day!

1 comment:

  1. They sure did get a lots of compliments. If I was in earshot I milked them , too. bragging about how you had made them. The print is awesome, colorful, bright and it was certainly enhanced by your fussy cutting. The only thing more adorable than the shirts was the grandson wearing them alongside his dad.

    ReplyDelete