Friday, May 3, 2019

Pokemon Part II

Along with my Pokemon panel, I also scored a few scraps of Pokemon fabric - a gorgeous, hard-to-find print that goes for a small fortune online. Once I saw it I knew my SIL would love it though, and so I set about figuring out how I could use it for my nephew.


Once again, the Brindille & Twig Kimono came to the rescue. My SIL had admired the built-in gloves on the WoW Kimono, and through careful measuring, I discovered I had *just enough* fabric to make it work with these scraps. Seriously; When all was said and done, this was the total summation of scraps I had left:


And though the B&T pattern still isn't something I tend to recommend for beginners, I have found ways to make it work for me. And I am pleased with the result!


From back to front, this Kimono is colorful and fun, and putting those little contrast feet on the footie pants is getting kind of addictive. If I'd had enough, I would have made these leggings out of the same fabric, but alas! The pops of color I did manage to incorporate are still fun.

And the look even better when paired with the pokemon blanket.


I gave this gift set to my SIL shortly after my nephew was born, and although my nephew is still a little small for the Kimono, the blanket is getting lots of love.


Here are my kids showing off the kimono during my rushed photography session (does everyone else photograph their stuff right before it heads out the door?).


And here is the full gift set I gave my BIL & SIL upon the birth of their new baby. A blanket, a trial "snuggly", and a brand new outfit for baby. Here's hoping they all get lots of love and use!


No comments:

Post a Comment