Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Happiest Place Dress

It'd been a while since I made something nice for my aspiring PA friend, but when she told me she and her family were taking a trip to Disney World, inspiration hit. I'd recently seen a preorder for some "Happiest Place" Balloons - which I adored - and my friend's kiddo has a taste for classic A-line dresses.


So, I indulged.

The Peek-a-Boo Patterns Violet is one of my go-to "quick makes," and I love the way it can simultaneously showcase, tone down, and conserve a colorful custom print. Now that I insist on topstitching, serging to close seams, and using a double needle on the collar and hems, I'll admit it's a little LESS fast than it used to be. But it's still an easy make with a classic silhouette that I knew my friend and her daughter would love.


And love it she did! She wore this the day she traveled out to Disney world, and I got pictures of her wearing showing it off at the resort. Sounds like a fun way to get excited for the trip, and a fun souvenir to bring home!

No comments:

Post a Comment