Friday, August 23, 2019

So Much That We Share

There is just one moon
and one Golden Sun
And this set has something 
for everyone

It was a long time coming - and I'm not going to lie, there may have been some laughter AND some near-tears along the way, but I made it to the end! Three outfits, lovingly handcrafted for my brother's kids. 


Two classic and timeless woven dresses, and a dapper little romper that will be soft, flexible, and let little brother match his sisters without sacrificing comfort. Hats off to a fabric host that can manage to color match this well across fabric bases, by the way.


I packed these beauties up and sent them to their recipients early this August, along with a Jojo Dress my daughter had outgrown. I insured the package for $500, because I swore if something happened to it, I was paying *someone else* to make them again.


The day after they arrived, my SIL texted me this beautiful photo of my nieces and nephew all dressed in their matching outfits - I breathed a HEAVY sigh of relief that everything fits. And then admired both my handiwork, and the general cuteness of my Brother and SIL's kids.


So what did everyone get? Well, my nieces & nephew got their dresses and romper, and my SIL got a fun family set for play and special occasions. My brother got a job (replacing Kam snaps as needed), and a few days after the package arrived, *I* got a really touching and heartfelt "Thank You" note from my SIL.



In the end, sharing in my SIL's joy, and seeing the joy on the kids' faces made it all worthwhile.

2 comments:

  1. Love all these posts, love the outfits, and love you! Seriously, I am in awe of your talent and am so very appreciative of all of the time that you put into these extremely thoughtful gifts. I can promise you that these outfits will live on for a long time, through our kids and beyond. Thank you, thank you, for sharing your gifts with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so proud that you are so talented to make these outfits. But moreover I feel so proud that are caring enough and willing enough to invest so much time for your nieces and nephew. Love the kids, love my daughter, and love my daughter-in-law for being so appreciative. A mother wants her kids to grow up liking each other and staying close even in their adulthood. You are making that happen with your brother via his wife and kids. Great job! Great accomplishment all around!

    ReplyDelete