Tuesday, June 25, 2019

I am Woot!

One good turn deserves another! Or perhaps more accurately, one growing toddler deserves another shirt. After my success with the Stormtrooper set, I couldn't resist digging into this fun Galaxy print for another Father/Son pairing.


My son loves Rocket Raccoon and my husband loves Guardians of the Galaxy, so it was a natural pairing. To preserve the artwork on the panel, I made T-shirts rather than raglans.



For my son, I made the Zee's Tee by Tie Dye Diva. I will admit, maybe it was just to coordinating purple playing tricks on me, but despite the fact that the TDD Zee says it's specifically tailored to boys, the sleeves seemed a little narrow/short in comparison to the body. On my son, it wasn't so noticeable, but next time I make it I think I might change the angle of the underarm seam to widen the sleeves a bit.


For my Husband I used the Stitch Upon a Time Huntsman, which I've made before. SUAT is a reliable if not particularly earth-shattering pattern company, and the shirt came out pretty much as I had hoped it would.


I still have a little bit of that fabric from the back left over, so hopefully with colorblocking I'll be able to make another matching shirt as my son grows. Because this set is definitely a success! My son in particular was excited to wear his "Raccoon" shirt, and at the end of the photo session both recipients happily showed the seamstress some love!

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat how you got the print in two different sizes. It think I like the dual pensive pose bests even though backs are to the camera. It is fun seeing son imitating dad. It is also great to see mom enjoying kisses coming at her from two sides! The shirts fit great and look super awesome. Too bad Jeremy must wear a uniform to work. He might score extra point with the college students wearing that attire.

    ReplyDelete