Thursday, September 2, 2021

Sewing's a Rainbow

My friend has two Spongebob Squarepants loving kids who've received previous dress sets from me. As they've grown the girls' aesthetics have diverged, but their love for Spongebob has remained a constant. So when I saw this, I had to jump on it! 


Advised that the oldest sister preferred shirts but the youngest still loved dresses, I embarked on a quest for complimentary-but-not identical plans for clothing. I lucked out when the oldest girl (who usually likes her stuff plain) looked over the styles page of the Sew By Pattern Pieces  Girls' Fun tee, and decided she like the one with the ruffle shoulder... ruffles were a unifying element I could work with!

Here's the proof of concept for the shirt:

And here it is completed with its sibling piece, an Simple Life Pattern Co Isla. Isla has its own shoulder ruffle template, but I used the same one from SBPP to keep them looking similar. 


Overall, I really do enjoy putting together sibling sets with a unifying element - and I'm getting better at doing it quickly. These went to the girls right before Christmas 2020, and I was pleased to get a set of thank you texts that showed 2 happy faces.


Love those smiles!




1 comment:

  1. You are so generous with your time and talents. These both are adorable. Love the ruffles. I know they require extra fussing and effort but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete