Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Merry Mogwai to Me

When they were running all the Christmas rounds in July, I casually asked my SIL what her favorite movie was - and she said "Gremlins." Well, guess what *didn't* run that summer? Sigh. Custom Fabric always FEELs like it has everything, until you search for a specific thing - especially a specific Non-Disney thing. But fortunately, late in November I went on MK*Designs BST, and someone was destashing exactly what I needed.


My son helped me pick two panels from the Merry Mogwai Collection, and he was happy to hold them up for me when they arrived. Of course, they *did* arrive just before Christmas, so with ... (checks calendar) 10 days to spare I was printing, cutting, and taping the Varsity Cowl Neck Pullover pattern by Peekaboo Pattern Shop . 



I briefly entertained the idea of a hoodie, but the idea of Mogwai on one side and Gremlins on the other was just too good to resist. Plus my SIL and BIL love a good, classic silhouette. 
 

Like all Peekaboo patterns, this one runs a little small but is easy to follow and gives good results. Wrestling with the Cowl was a little awkward (and nervewracking!) for my tastes, but the end product was absolutely worth the effort.

Especially since Christmas Morning this little charmer showed up on my door, decked in, off all the possible Christmas clothes, his Auntie-made pullover.

Merry Christmas to me!



1 comment:

  1. What adorable graphics even though I must admit I am not a gremlins fan. I recall walking out of the theatre during the blender scene. YUK! But this pullover is far, far from yuk. Crisp and sharp and cutely Xmas.

    ReplyDelete