Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Gone to the Dogs

My Brother is a Disney fanatic, and one of his favorite Disney movies is 101 Dalmatians. He's also a dog person in general, so when I saw this fabric, I immediately thought of him.


Fabric this cute just had to make its way to my sewing room! I don't do a lot of sewing for adults (fabric is expensive, and adults are pickier about fit usually), but I do own the Cole's Creations Jerry's Raglan pattern, which I keep swearing I'm going to try out on my husband one of these days. In the meantime, it would do nicely for my brother.


The Jerry's Raglan is GINORMOUS when printed out - 49 pages, I think - and having taped it together once, I think next time I buy a men's PDF pattern I'm going to splurge on something with an A0 format. That said, the raglan came together nicely, and I loved the Doggie details.


I even put a "custom" tag on the back, to assist my brother in finding the front of his shirt. It's just a small rectangle of Cotton Lycra, but it's soft and it gets the job done.

Mailing the shirt was a bit nervewracking, but it made it to its destination safely. Here he is modeling it in his signature Green Bay Hat! I'm glad I went with a size 44 (one size larger than measured).


The shirt made its maiden voyage on a bowling date with my parents, where it was much admired.


Hopefully that wearing is the first of many to come.

3 comments:

  1. This shirt remains special to us and Alex. I bring it home to launder it personally and he wears it often for bowling. I never fully realized just how many Disney dogs there are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Like I would have thought of Oliver & Company & 101 Dalmatians, but I don't even think I would have remember Lady & the Tramp in a pinch. Never mind the dog From Cinderella, or Pluto - I still haven't figured out who the white haired short ear is.

      Delete
  2. Where do you bought this fabric???

    ReplyDelete