Monday, December 31, 2018

Gone to the Dogs II

After finishing the Always shirt for my Dad, I set my sights on a gift for my brother. When I'd bought the fabric for Gone to the Dogs I, I'd gone for a panels-and yardage set, but ultimately decided that the panels and the yardage were... a bit much together.


That said, the panel did make a pretty awesome front for a T-shirt by itself. This time I used the SUAT Huntsman pattern (a first) which I paid to have printed in A0 format by PDFplotting.com. I'm definitely becoming a huge fan of A0 patterns, because I like to transfer from a master pattern to tissue paper. I print all sizes at once  (it helps with grading) and having the pattern on one large sheet  eliminates the need for tape and speeds up the tracing process.


The Huntsman was an easy pattern to use - I stand by my wish that SUAT patterns printed in true one-color-per-size, and not just black & white with red options, though. At this point I can assemble a T-shirt without looking at the written instructions, so I have to admit I didn't really pay much attention to the tutorial as I went.


I do think the final product turned out nice, though; and my parents report back that the fit based on my brother's measurements is great.


Overall, this was a quick sew, but a fun one. Definitely a make-again!


No comments:

Post a Comment