Thursday, December 23, 2021

Sidekicks Patronus Pajamas

It's not very often that I do a selfish sew, and I'm still on a quest for some patterns that reliably fit and flatter my figure. Pajamas, however, don't need to be flattering. They just need to be comfy! This sidekicks print was a "Round 1" offering from a host that was just starting up, and I was pleased that it came it looking (and feeling!) great. Sometimes there's a learning curve on custom hosting.


For the T-shirt used the Patterns for Pirates Essential Tee, and for the pants I used the Pattern Niche Portlander Pants. The shirt was a quick & easy make. Turning the drawstring on the pants was a bit time consuming - and trying to use my button hole foot on a knit (with interfacing!) to create the eyelets was also an adventure I'm not keen to repeat, but the cuteness of the end product was hard to argue with. I'm long waisted, so I think I'm going to add an inch to seat/front of the pants next time I make it. And this will be a make again, for sure! I just need to work up to trying the same thing with the 3+ yards of fabric it takes to makes pants for myself!


1 comment:

  1. Awfully cute and love the subtle patronus print. As for the drawstring. Save yourself the trouble and buy a cord. If you do want the drawstring to match, fold the drawstring fabric long ends to center and then fold in half again lengthwise and sew along it. Yes there is a seam line but it is much much easier.

    ReplyDelete