Thursday, December 16, 2021

DC Hero Capsule Wardrobe

Once upon a time, I ran into a sale for Stained-Glass DC fabric that I could not resist. I bought a yard and a three-panel set. Then, many years later - like, at least 3 - my SIL indicated a hero theme on her baby registry: Marvel and DC. Suddenly, I had my calling.


Having recently discovered the joy of Grow With Me clothing - and the capsule wardrobes people make with it over on Apple Tree - I was eager to try one myself. Having hoarded this fabric for so long, I resolved that I was going to use it ALL UP for the occasion. What I had not planned on was... how many baby things you can get out of a yard. Especially when accenting with solids.


From the panels, I managed a 6m Onesie (Robin), a 9m Onesie (Superman) and the back of a 3-12m Grow-with-Me Cardigan (Batman). 

From the yardage I got the front and sleeves of the cardigan, a pair of 3-12m Grow-with-me pants, a pair of 3m bummies, and a very adorable 3m hat. This was my first shot at a true capsule wardrobe, and I am pleased at how it turned out. It was gifted at the shower in July, and I can't wait to see it on my nephew!

No comments:

Post a Comment