Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Pride Rock Bowling Raglan

One of my favorite fabric shops has started a yearly "Blank-a-Palooza" where they sell toddler toppers, ostensibly to be made into blankets for Christmas gifts. But, they don't limit themselves to the traditional blanket bases (Minky, Double Minky) for the event. And while browsing, a thought occurred to me - what IS a toddler topper, if not a panel-plus-fat-half rapport by a different name?

This particular artwork caught my for my brother, who never can have enough handmade Disney shirts in my opinion. I picked up a blanket topper in CL, and the picture panel was almost perfectly sized to make a men's raglan. It took me a while to find the perfect shade of maroon for the sleeves, but finally I did and then we were off to the races. 

This garment is, as usual, made from the Cole's Creations Jerry Raglan. I used the panel for the front and the backing for, well, the back. This a quick, fun sew - and quite the stashbuster when you're sewing in a men's size 42 as I was.

According to my mom this shirt was a big success, and now my brother has another Disney raglan to go out on the town (or lounge around home) in!


Proof that a blanket panel turned into a shirt can smell - or look - just as sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Alex and his care givers all love this shirt. He wears it very often. Oddly, the very first time they put it on him, they put the panel on his back. Sort of makes sense, a lot of sports shirts are more graphic on the back than the front. Once I pointed out the error, it was switched and it has been correct ever since. Though I will also admit both sides are positively gorgeous. I never knew it came from a blanket "kit". Alex wore it bowling this past Sunday. The raglan style fits os well and the shade of maroon is perfect!

    ReplyDelete