Thursday, December 9, 2021

Bob's Burger and some Fuzzy Future Rulers

When I'm *not* looking, I can always find tons of fabric I do not need. But once I start looking...

This spring, we received a very exciting announcement; my husband's brother (one of seven) and his wife were expecting! Out of an abundance of caution, they waited until pretty far along in the pregnancy to make it public. Which was great for the excitement - soon! soon! But also... cut into my shopping window. Plus, when it comes to blankets, I've become very picky. 


Fortunately, after a few canceled orders and some late-night trawling of my most dangerous territory - the B/S/Ts, I found a Cotton Lycra Bob's Burger Panel (originally intended for a shirt) and a Single-Minky Game of Thrones Blanket. Neither of these were a "magic blanket" (aka, made of Double Minky), but in a pinch, they would do for my GoT loving BIL and his Bob's Burger-loving family! I backed the CL Bob's Burger Panel with a fleece from Joann's, and "Future Ruler" was toddler topper set so that provided its own backing. They were a shower gift when we went up to visit during the summer, and I think they will be well loved.

1 comment:

  1. I like the future ruler one as a good goal for a baby. Striving toward Bob's burger...??? Eh - not so much. With all your husband's siblings you are kept very busy in gifting! You can never have too many blankets to cuddle under or cuddle with someone beside.

    ReplyDelete