Monday, November 7, 2011

Princess Quilted

I finished quilting it! So far so good on the free motion capacities of my machine, the back looks good. 


Actually, this quilt was a blast to quilt - I traced out the princesses...






 and the Ribbon border...







 And I put loop-de-loops all around the outside of the panel, but left the blue border plain for better "pop." I also put hearts in the corners.




 The borders gave me some fits, trying to work around all the design elements. There are a couple of less-than-perfections, but I figure the recipient won't mind :-)

Also, it's pretty cool, I think you can actually make out the princesses from the back:






and the castle:



Binding is still an ongoing process, but I'm excited to do this again!

2 comments:

  1. I like it! And your quilting skills sure are growing. It is a nice mix of free form patterns (loops) and tracing a pattern (princesses). It is a good way to get over the deer in a headlights syndrome when faced with the phrase "quilt as desired". Some little girl is going to love it to pieces, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very proud. Your quilting continues to get better every time your quilt.

    ReplyDelete