Thursday, November 4, 2021

Firefly Cardi

This firefly fabric is an oldie but goodie - and it's become ubiquitous in the custom fabric world. That said, it's also one of my first custom fabric purchases; because I loved it so much, I held onto it for 4 years without ever really working up the nerve to cut into it. 


That all changed when my newest niece was born, but that's actually a story for another post. You see, I'd bought this fabric for a selfish sew for me, and if I was going to get two things out of it... well, the big things needed to be cut out first. So it was time to take the plunge.

After much debate, for the pattern I chose a Halla Cozy Wrap Cardigan... the open-front version. I liked the silhouette, and although I don't wear my Essie Much, I do like the way Halla patterns are drafted, with rulers to help with sizing and grading.


Both Fabric and Coordinate came from Kammie Lou Lou (My favorite shop). 

I remain a little surprised at how long these adult patterns to take - to cut out and to sew up, but this time I was much happier with the result. I chose the open version, and found that while custom CL was a bit warm for spring, fall was the perfect time to wear this creation. 

Clearly, I need to try this again!


1 comment:

  1. Fits great and very flattering on you - both in shape and color. I too think that firefly print is one of my favorites you have sewn. Except of course for the tops you have sewn for ME.

    ReplyDelete