Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Fireflies for my Little Niece

After completing the Cardigan in my last post, I was on to what I *really* wanted to use this fabric for - a fun set for my newborn niece in California. I've long been in love with the SLPCo Hampton for a while, and despite the scale, this fabric just *looked* like it wanted to be a fun baby set. I picked up the SLPCo Sarah Anne Leggings to complete the outfit.


The Fireflies and the Rainbow Watercolor were from Kammie Lou Lou, and the magenta sparkles were from Wanderlust. On the Hampton (top), I did stray from the written pattern when it came to the cuffs on the sleeves, because when I followed the directions the looked WAAAY to tiny - and even my modified, 1" bigger cuffs were still an adventure to work through on my machine. The 3-6m Sarah Anne leggings went together easily and looked cute, even if they did seem a bit big to go with the 3-6m top from the same pattern maker. Fortunately, it did not matter, because the shorties from last year's Care Bear set fit when the top did! So my niece had rainbow shorts to go with her outfit either way. 

And I got cure pics of her to coo over from my SIL. definitely a win!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for making this for Irene! I wish I had more babies beyond her to pass it down to, but I've already put it in the "baby items to save" bin so that it can be worn by...oh geez...grandchildren? (I am way too young to think about that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That firefly print is positively adorable... and so is the baby within. The colors are so saturated. The big full skirt shows it off to great advantage even though it is a big print on a small baby. Good pattern choice and skill-full maneuvering to sew those tiny arm bands.

    ReplyDelete