Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Thankful Amanda

This year for her Birthday party, my daughter picked a birthday invite made with clip art I recognized immediately: Karamfilas' Halloween Please, which I better recognized as the Ghoulettes Collection run by Kammie Lou Lou. I headed to the BSTs to see if I could by some Ghoulettes fabric, but I found something even better: a shop owner who had fabric on hand and the time to sew it up for me! 

That freed me up to do something equally exciting; Sew a shirt for myself! I am still loving the Tangled Amanda I made for myself last year, and on the heels of my recent spat of seasonal sewing, I thought it wise to strike on my Thankful & Grateful collection while the "iron of fall" was still hot. 

I only had about 24 hours left before the party when I made this decision, but I did manage to pull it off. Here I am modeling my self-made "Thankful Amanda" a few days later: 


And here I am the day of the party, showing off my newly made shirt, and being incredibly grateful to Jude & Joseph for creating the Ghoulettes top my daughter is wearing at my side! The craftsmanship was superb, and my daughter wore the shirt plenty even after halloween!

I look forward to wearing my shirt for years to come as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment