Thursday, October 1, 2020

Baby Nephew (Doo Doo Do Doo Doo)

I have to admit, despite how complicated it looks, the PeekaBoo Lullabye Line Baby Bodysuit (onesie) is actually a pretty fast and rewarding sew. So, when my Brother-in-Law announced he and his girlfriend were pregnant (his first, her third) I immediately thought "Oh, here's my chance to torture him with a little Baby Shark before the baby even gets here."



Originally I'd bought this fabric for my son when he was in HIS baby shark phase, but time marches on. Longtime readers will remember the romper I made for my son's teacher, but I didn't have enough fabric to pull of THAT particular feat again. Fortunately, the Lullabye Line Bodysuit takes less fabric and is less labor intensive, so I could speed through that pattern in short order. 

Making it, I wash struck by how *little* it actually is in a 3m size. I wasn't into sewing knits when my kids were babies, so I they missed out on homemade clothing during that phase. They were, however, were happy to hold it up for a comparison. It blows my mind to thin of how much *they've* grown in the last 7 years, especially in comparison to their soon-to-be-newborn cousin!




The final product came out quite nicely, if I do say myself. Everything from the main to the green to the Kam Snaps came from stash, so this was a quick and efficient make. It was well received at the shower, and the expectant parents got a good laugh when I told them "Thank me now, hate me later."


Here's to a fun and fast classic baby gift that I know will get some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment