Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Baby Romper Doo doo do

What do you do when the one who taught your son "Baby Shark" announces she's pregnant? Make her a Baby Shark Romper, of course! My son's Preschool teacher recently let us know that she was expecting, and she was also his teacher in the 2-year-old room where he learned that little ditty, so... turnabout is fair play, says I. 


I'd been sitting on this main fabric for a while (as in, since my kids got into the song), and it paired nicely with several PurpleSeamstress solids I had on hand. Ultimately I chose lime green on either a hunch or a whim. 


For the pattern I re-used the Brindille & Twig Polo Romper. Its methods for creating the placket are starting to grow on me, and for a yet-unborn child, its unhelpful RTW size chart isn't so critical. I made this in the 3 month size, and figured the baby will just wear it when he gets to wear it. 


And I hope he will wear it! I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out, with Daddy Shark swimming across the placket and the lime green collar popping against the turquoise/bright blue ocean. Now when the song comes up, this "baby shark" will have an outfit for the occasion!


2 comments:

  1. Daddy shark is quite perfectly placed. The romper is positively adorable. The lime green was a spot on choice. My guess is that teacher will be positively thrilled. When is the baby due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I think all little boys love sharks. William's favorite outfits are the ones with sharks on, too!

    ReplyDelete