Thursday, October 8, 2020

Seeing Green

I try very hard to stay off the Buy/Sell/Trade market for custom knits because 1) it's expensive and 2) the thrill of near-instantaneous gratification is hard to resist 3) I really really don't need more fabric. Usually. That said, this summer my daughter learned that green would be her "class color" for the year,  and so I found myself in need of green (knit) fabric. Which, surprisingly enough, I did not have. 


Fortunately, a kind soul on Kammie Lou Lou BST came to my rescue. I posted an ISO for an old Kammie Lou Lou St. Patrick's day collection I had admired, and she had a few things from a scrap pack that she didn't plan on using. In the end I bought a half-yard of green Brushstrokes (a KLL signature line) and an incredibly adorable panel from her.

I got this package on Tuesday and my daughter wanted a green top to wear on Friday. Immediately I thought to pull out the speedy-and-cute Tide Pool Tank. Initially I hesitated a little because it wasn't very feminine, a quick trip to the PeekaBoo Pages changed my mind. I was inspired by this flutter mod.


I have a serger, so adding the flutter mod didn't take very much time at all (I love the serger gathering method). I also sized up a little and added the bottom band to give shirt a more "stylish" look. and I was very pleased with the result and So was my daughter, who happily wore this on Fridays for the duration of her camp. 


But of course, one good turn deserves another - I had just a *little* bit of the brushstrokes left - not enough to make another tide pool, but I'd also been eyeing the Cami's Tank Top from Simple Life Pattern Co, and the 18" scrap I had left was *just enough* to cover the bodice of a Cami's. 


So, a bonus shirt was born! This was my first time with the Cami, and it was fast & easy. It turns out my daughter is not that into strappy tanks yet (her father will be relieved...), but it's also great for layering under cute sweaters or her TaeKwondo Gi. Maybe in a few years.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute shirts (and daughter)! If they fit her next year for St. Patrick's Day then you'll get even more themed use out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lillian loved wearing this tank for St. Patrick's Day this year!

    ReplyDelete