Thursday, July 9, 2020

Plumber Polo

Having been around the block a few times in the custom fabric world, I don't lose my mind at *every* Mario print - especially not the ones from overseas hosts - but one look at this rainbow lovely, and I knew I had fallen. I bought this for my son and my nephew, but it's my nephew who's been growing out of his clothes like crazy.


This is another iteration of the Brindille & Twig Polo Romper. There's not a "polo line" per se on the pattern - I just measured my nephew and hemmed accordingly - and I ignored the size chart entirely. Instead, stuck my ruler directly on the pattern, and planned for an inch or two of ease around the chest area. I must admit, B&T patterns have driven me crazy in the past, but with those workarounds I was incredibly pleased with the result.



I can't believe how fast time goes - my nephew just started walking - but I'm glad that at every stage, I'm able to supply him with a fun custom bit of clothing (or two).

 






1 comment:

  1. Really cute shirt and the toddler in it is so adorable with his rosy chubby cheeks and pudgy bare feet. Nice job on the sewing and very striking print. The red collar accents it nicely. Your post title made me laugh, though. I pictured that polo scene in the movie Pretty Woman with men on horseback swinging long metal pipes with elbow joints at the end to hit the ball.

    ReplyDelete