Thursday, October 11, 2018

So Awesome

My daughter might be a My Little Pony Fan, but she's got NOTHING on a friend of hers, N, who found out last year that she was going to be a big sister. N (who has received 2 zombie dresses from me already) watches the My Little Pony Movie every day, and can sing most of the songs from the movie.


When I bought these panels, it wasn't clear if N's sibling was going to be a boy or a girl. But, N's dad is a bit of a Brony himself, which made the artwork a pretty safe bet. It wasn't until well after purchasing these panels that I learned Baby #2 was a girl.

As is usually my way, I was still working through OTHER backlog projects in my queue until about 2 weeks before the Baby #2's baby shower. Sewing dresses with a panel is pretty easy - but I was loathe to repeat my mistake with the BubbleGum Dresses and try a new pattern with a deadline looming. Longtime readers of this blog will already guess what is coming: yes, the Tie Dye Diva Easy Peasant Dress (Pattern Link).


I'm lucky I had plenty of Purpleseamstress CL solids left from other projects. Both dresses were blocked and backed with black to keep it simple, and for Baby #2's sleeves I went with a Rainbow Dash blue to add a pop of color. The diaper cover is also a Tie Dye Diva pattern, which typically drives me nuts in woven but actually turned out not half-bad to make in knit.


For Big Sister N, Purple like Twilight sparkle was the way to go.

If anyone is still counting (I am, assisted by my blog) these are TDD dresses 10 and 11. They were gifted in late September but sized so to be worn early the following spring. N already loves hers, and we'll see what baby #2 thinks when she arrives!







1 comment: