Monday, March 13, 2017

2016 Completions

Ah the joys of a busy mom! Two kids meant not a lot of time to sew this year, and a surprise bathroom remodel (thanks to hardwood floors and a leaky toilet) meant lots of watching the kids while my husband got all the project time.

Nonetheless, I did have two milestones this year - one, my first winging it on a terrible PDF pattern (I have nothing nice to say about the Pink Poodle Reese Dress Tutorial), and my second, working with knits! Both experiences turned out alright in the end, and I think I may be turning into a knits/clothing addict, at least until my kids are more self-sufficient on the weekend. 

No quilts this year, but here's the non-quilt roundup. 

Non-Quilts:

More 'Mingoes (link)



Completed: February 2016
Fabric: Novelty Print, Moda Marbles
Pattern: Easy Peasant Dress by Tie-Dye Diva

More Zombie Fun (link)



Completed: February 2016
Fabric: Walking Dead by Alexander Henry
Pattern: Easy Peasant Dress by Tie-Dye Diva


Shark Shirt (link)



Completed: August 2016
Fabric: Smithsonian print by Robert Kaufman
Pattern: Semi-Freestyle after purchased pattern left lots of holes and ambiguities
For my own Daughter

Chompers Hoodie (link)



Completed: September 2016
Fabric: "Chompers" from Knitorious
Pattern: Dragon Hoodie by Puperita
My first Foray into working with Knits; given to my son

Stats:
Quilts: 0
Other: 4

WiPs that made it from 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 to 2017 with progress but no completion: Christmas Traditions
WiPs without any progress in 2016Star Wars II

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting ANYTHING done with two kiddos underfoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a generous seamstress! You gave away half the items you completed. I do indeed admire your ability to pick outrageously cute novelty fabric for every one of your creations...flamingos, Zombies, sharks, and chompers. No neutral blender fabrics for you. Hang on to that flamboyancy, girl. Also, congratulations on finding the time to write a post on each of your creations and one on your year in review. So glad to see you are keeping that tradition going.

    ReplyDelete