Monday, February 1, 2016

More 'Mingoes


If there is a "Tie Dye Diva Peasant Dress-a-holics anonymous," I almost certainly belong in it. I keep swearing I'm going to try other patterns, but this dress is so quick to sew and so universally appreciated by the recipients, I find myself adding extra projects in at the last minute with this as the pattern. I think I'm down to less than $2 per use on the Baby Tie Dye Diva Dress pattern, so I didn't bat an eye when the girls' version went on sale for 30% off on Cyber Monday, I just bought it.


This particular beauty is for the recipient of last year's Octopus Peasant Dress, who turned two in December. She's loved her first dress since she got it a year 8 months ago, and is as of late obsessed with the Flamingos at the local zoo. As is often the case with me, the fun novelty print is from Equilter, and accents are a Moda Marble from my stash.

As usual, this dress came together quickly and looked great. But best of all, the recipient was old enough (and the dress long enough) that no diaper cover was needed!

Linking up to Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts to participate in some community fun!

2 comments:

  1. I am sure the dress recipient will be as thrilled with this as with the octopus one. Is is very striking! I just love, love, love that flamingo matching pink. And yay for no diaper covers. I used to dread turning under all those casing and threading in the elastic. That part took almost as long as sewing the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...do I see an Etsy shop full of these dresses in your future (you know, that can all be completed in all the spare time you have!)?

    ReplyDelete