So, it goes. For anyone just tuning in, this is my first applique project ever; and I have picked a fairly ambitious design. I found adorable Star Wars art online, and I am trying to recreate the characters mostly Kona Solids. Here's who I've got so far:
Yoda and Chewie are just ironed on and not stitched, but I did get brave enough to try blanket-stitching Leia this weekend! She turned out better than I expected, although I am still glad I am not a perfectionist. Click the little photo below to see the detail of my stitching.
I'm also glad to say that I have finished cutting everyone out (7 characters total), so hopefully now things will move much faster.
Bound, but not Complete - Ready, Set, Snow
I finished the hand stitching on this, but discovered an unpleasant surprise: I missed a little bit of the top when I sewed the binding on! Augh! And of course I couldn't discover this *before* I hand-stitched that part, no: it was probably the jostling of the quilt as I sewed the other side that caused this particular ~2 inch segment to come loose
Binding - Eclectic Garden
More on this later; just started the binding this week.
-Trick or Treat
In queue for pro quilting
And, for proper linkage:
|Chewbacca: For the Link-up|