Saturday, January 14, 2012

Winter Quilt Show

Ok yes, I probably should have used the time to work on my Sweet Star Wars quilt instead, but it's not  often that a quilt show comes to town! The OKC Winter Quilt Show was in its final day today, and when my loving husband agreed to attend with me, I knew I had to go.

I've only been to one other quilt show, and it was far smaller. Maybe I'm just in an applique frame of mind because of my current projects, but this seemed to have a lot more art quilts on display that used applique then traditional pieced quilts. Here are some of my favorites:

Quilts from OKC Winter Quilt Show





Most of these were less than 3'x3' though, so fun to look at but not all that utilitarian.


Since one of my goals for the new year is to use down the stash I've acquired (or at least get it to fit in its allotted space before I start acquiring again) I had to be judicious about the other fun part of a quilt show, the buying. I am still not sure applique is going to be something I want to do in the long run,  given my struggles with the Star Wars quilt, but as a recovering horse addict, I simply couldn't resist the allure of this pattern:






I took a picture of the sample, because it was WAY cuter than the color scheme on the pattern itself. And, that was my one and only purchase this time around! I am quite proud of myself. Even the hubby was impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment