Friday, February 12, 2021

Miraculous Pair

Is there anything more fun than sibling sets? Perhaps matching friend sets - or as my daughter calls them - "twinsies." Still on a quest to make my daughter some shirts she would actually *wear,* I lucked into this amazing Miraculous Print, and bought 2 yards. 

Wanting badly to make something that would actually get worn, I refrained from all my favorite patterns, and consulted with my daughter to come up with the Peekaboo Bonnie Knot top. I figured if I made one for her - and one for her friend - they could have fun wearing them together.


As it turns out, the knot top is kind of a page-heavy pattern to print, tape and cut, because it's asymmetric and cannot be cut on the fold. The ties also make it a little harder to use fabric efficiently, (they point downward), and I wasn't a big fan of the rolled-up sleeves look. But on the balance these were pretty small nit-picks for a pattern that was straightforward and turned out *very* cute. I did size up from the recommended size chart size again (2x for my daughter, once for her friend), because when Peekaboo says a pattern is "slim fit" they MEAN it. I Also added my own contrast cuffs by putting a 1:1 band around the sleeve. 

My daughter - a consummate Cat Noir Fan - got the green sleeves and tie, while her Rena Rouge-loving friend got the orange accents. 


And me? I got two smiling faces, and a pair of shirts that they wear at least every other time they get together. That's a win for me!

1 comment:

  1. Those really are cute. And if you are gonna roll up sleeves, might as well have them make a statement. Grandma better get up to speed about Car Noir, though.

    ReplyDelete