Friday, August 14, 2020

Entering a New Groove

In the middle of spring vacation, my sewing took a drastic turn as a the US found itself in the middle of a global pandemic. With 2 kids out of school, I had more time to sew, but a lot less brainpower to devote to the art. 




Also, suddenly my to-do list was abandoned in favor of an overwhelming need for masks. I missed the first wave of donations to medical professionals, but when the CDC recommended cloth face coverings for everyone, I had lots of friends and family to sew for. 

The good news is, masks are a major stash-buster if you're a quilter on hiatus. I rounded up some fabric from the Kaliedescope dresses, my trip to Houston, and various other fandoms with the intent to mass-produce some fun masks. 



But, I also tried to keep it light with non-pandemic-supplies too - here's a care package from a friend that includes masks for herself, her husband, and her kids, but also a fun Emperor's New Groove Raglan.


the Emperor's New Groove is, I feel, one of the more overlooked Disney movies. And an adult raglan is a a great statshbuster. So it was a win-win for her and for me - she got some masks to keep her community healthy, and a fun shirt to lighten the mood. 


And I got the satisfaction that with all the stress going on, I wasn't *entirely* off my groove.



No comments:

Post a Comment