Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Peplum... Go!

It'd been a while since I made something for my daughter's Mario and Descendants-loving friend. Her mother was very vocal in admiring the Frozen and the Rainbow Cheetah peplums I made, so when I saw this fabric, the path was set before me. Both mother and child are huge Teen Titan Go! Fans, and since the show is actually aimed at adults, there aren't a lot of kid clothes to be found. 


This beauty came up for preorder in January, and when it arrived Mid March, it went straight into my post-mask pile. I also lucked out into a coordinate from stash that was about perfect.



As is often my way these days, this top was made with the Sew By Pattern Pieces Girls' Fun Tee as the base; I trimmed the bodice and added a self-drafted peplum skirt, and voila! A fun new outfit for our friend.




We gave it as a gift mid-summer, and it's already made a few trips back to our house on my daughter's friend - it's always nice to know a handmade gift is well-loved!

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea who Teen Titans are but I can be a valid judge of what a beautiful job you did on the peplum top! Your choice of fuchsia for the trim is spot on. Some little girl is going to be very, very happy. I can imagine her twirling, now.

    ReplyDelete