Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Works in Progress: Accidental Hiatus

I have been away from the sewing machine for far too long. But, it's been for a pretty exciting reason; my biggest work in progress these months past is a person! 



In November, Mr. RLQ and I learned we were expecting our second child, and in February the ultrasound technician told us we are having a boy! Cue visions of snips and snails and puppy dog tails, of dinosaur quilts and little homemade vests. 

Of course, those things have had to remain mere visions for quite a while - starting in Mid-December, I got a case of all-day "morning" sickness that knocked me down until well after the first trimester was over. In fact, I'm in week 26 now, and still on anti-nausea meds (admittedly, a smaller dose than I was on at week 14). But just as exhaustion followed me around with baby A, "occasional morning sickness" seems to be my nagging companion with our as-yet-unnamed baby boy. 

But, despite the setbacks, I was able to get unbury my sewing machine this weekend, long enough to make a (much belated) birthday present for a friend. Below is a preview: the gift itself is still in the mail.



The collection is Under The Sea for Northcott fabrics, and I can't wait to reveal the finished product. It sure was refreshing to sit in front of my sewing machine again.

3 comments:

  1. Ah congratulations on the baby and getting your sewing machine out, pregnancy can be hard work, here's hoping you feel a lot better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! That a hard couple months. Well, you know what that means - smooth sailing once the baby is born. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you blogging! Here's hoping the trend holds up.

    ReplyDelete