Tuesday, July 25, 2023

A Design Wall for my New Sewing Room

My sewing room - built in November 2021 - is still a work in progress. Once I divided my sewing area into two separate stations, I no longer had a good space to set my (giant) design wall, but fortunately my husband and son came to the rescue.


My design wall had originally been an entire panel of drywall covered by quilt batting. It went floor-to ceiling, but it covered the outlets wherever it went. They trimmed it down, and re-taped the batting.


and then they mounted it on the wall next to my window, right behind my ironing board.


Now, no more climbing behind my design wall to plug things in. And no more loose & tilt-y design wall! This design wall fits tightly against the (real) wall, and I can admire whatever's on it while I iron my stuff. 

Definitely a wonderful upgrade for my sewing room.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely an upgrade that enhances your design process. Lucky you to have such a handy and willing husband.

    ReplyDelete