Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Long Live Matching Your Friends

Last January I made my daughter a much beloved Haven's Hoodie out of Descendants fabric. She's gotten tons of wear out of it, and actually converted several other kids to fans by making it a conversation piece.


Descendents 3 is coming out this year, and this time it's not just my daughter who's anticipating it. One of her close friends, Z, is also a devoted fan. I still have a yard stashed away for my daughter come July, but Z is overdue for another gift from me, and when I saw the two playing "Descendents" together the wheels started turning. After all, I did have some large scraps left over from the first dress...


I've only made one other SLPCo Paisley, and ironically it was the Mario Dress for Z. But the Peplum look of the top fits with the aesthetic of Mal's jacket, and I know Z looks good with the distinctive cutout in the back. Since there's a similar cutout in Mal's coronation dress, I forged ahead.


Z and A are of a size, so I got A to model the dress. My plan is to also make a complimentary dress for A before July, so that the girls will each have an outfit ready if D3 catches on like D2 did. A's probably got a few more months of wear on her hoodie, and hopefully that'll give me time to come up with a third "original" design for a D3 dress.


In the meantime, I'm pretty proud of this one, though: I modified the pattern by dropping the waist and adding a second circle skirt. It was supposed to be a tunic, but I kept adding length, and honestly, I think it still looks pretty cute as a dress.  Z is definitely excited to have it, and I can't wait to get the two of them together in their matching dresses.


They have a date for D3 in July, after all!

2 comments:

  1. You are a regular fashion designer. The style is great and inventive and A makes great model. But I am confused. You still have enough leftover for a duplicate of Z's dress for A? Or does the matching outfits mean A's hoodie and Z's dress? I guess that fabric stretches from A to Z. Now I need to Google Mal's jacket and coronation gown since I am quite ignorant of the Descendents. Fantastic job on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way. A's low cut boots with rhinestones and heels are very snazzy.

    ReplyDelete