Thursday, January 31, 2019

Watercolor Mario Onesie

The combination of gamer fabric scraps and a new baby for my gamer SIL has proved irresistible. This past August I made a sleeper for my Godson (also a nephew) of the following two fabrics:


And when I was done I had... less than a fat half of the main, but still enough to make another onesie. So, out came the Peekaboo Lullaby Line Bodysuit, just in time for Christmas.

This time, I followed the instructions for the neckline properly (matching dots), and it made for a big improvement. I also used my Serger to finish the seams on this one, which was slightly nervewracking but also a good learning experience. The serger really does add a professional-looking finish.


I didn't get a chance to take outside pictures of this Onesie, because it pretty much went directly from my sewing table to under the Christmas tree. But my SIL was thrilled to receive it, and at 6m size, it won't be too long before my yet-to-appear nephew can wear it!

1 comment:

  1. The onesie looks really sharp. I am impressed at how expert you've become at applying the binding around neck and legs. I can hear that jingle music from Mario Bros. bouncing around in my brain...

    ReplyDelete