Monday, May 19, 2014

Boo!

Dear Charity: I owe you one. 

I started this quilt from stash fabrics in the wake of the May 20 tornado that devastated our community 1 year ago today. Originally it was going to be a Moore Love Quilt Project Quilt, but then I got so caught up in the business end of distributing charity quilts that I wasn't actually able to finish it in time. It's since languished at the top of my "to-do" pile through a job change for my husband, a change of address for us, and a first birthday party for my daughter. But about two months ago I finally got it out, and got it bound. 


Of course during that time, I've also gotten kind of attached. So far we've been blessed with a really inactive tornado season this year, so I'm thinking unless there's another big tragedy looming, this quilt might stay with us.

2 comments:

  1. You know how when you are prepared with an umbrella it does not rain? Let us hope having a charity quilt on your shelves (and you do have one) the tornadoes will stay away.

    ReplyDelete