Thursday, October 17, 2013

Party Dress!

Little A turned One this year, and since she's an October birthday, we thought, what theme would be better than a Monster Mash? I have very little experience with garment sewing, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to at least TRY to make an outfit for my daughter's first birthday. I decided on Simplicity 9874 dress B because of the full skirt and simple top, and fell in love with Robert Kaufman's Movie Monsters Print.

I got the bodice put together in an evening, but the skirt instructions were... not exactly clear to this novice. Fortunately, my mom arrived 2 days later for the party, and it was Grandma to the rescue. This is definitely a joint project since Mom helped me with the dress and even put in some of the final stitches while I was making a last-minute run for party supplies, but with a one-year old in the house, I will take my victories where I can get them. Here A is in her one-year party dress.


 ... Having a Blast...


...And letting the whole world know how old she is!


Thank heaven for little girls, and thank goodness for Grandmas!

1 comment:

  1. I can certainly see her daddy's influence in the fabric choice. Great job, especially fussy cutting the bodice to feature Dracula! And that "I am one" picture is a classic.

    ReplyDelete