Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hello World

I guess I should introduce myself: My name is Robin, by day I am an engineer and at night I do yoga, dance, bake, and clean at just *slightly* under the rate I am capable of making a mess at :-) I am married with 2 cats, and new to quilting as of last year. Fortunately, several legacy quilters including my mom (Hi Mom!) have stepped up to help me learn.

My first "Real" quilt was a Care Bear design for my 3 year old niece, where I made a rainbow around a panel. Since then I have made quilts for 3 out of my 4 nieces, plus a tree skirt, and mom has started reminding me "you know, you MIGHT want to keep some of these for yourself!"

Here's a pic of my first:



I have learned I am attracted to bright colors and panels, and to patterns where the trick is in arranging simple blocks (rather than tackling involved ones). I got on blogspot to follow some of my favorite quilters, and to try my luck with Stash Manicure's beginning quilter giveaway. And I did keep the tree skirt!

-RLQ

No comments:

Post a Comment