Tuesday, May 22, 2018

One Good Turn...

My son may have missed out on his own Merry Nightmare Shirt this past Christmas, but he got a second opportunity with the "extra" fabric from my daughter's new NBC-inspired dress.


I'd cut this fabric with an eye towards leaving some big scraps for a raglan for him, and though it took some work, I did manage it. Then of course, I just had to sew it up!


As usual, this is the MBJM Explorer Raglan pattern (my review), made in a size 4 with 2 inches cropped from the bottom. It's an "oldie" at this point, but a goodie!


And my little man is thrilled to finally have his own shirt with the ubiquitous characters, and surprisingly happy to be matching his sister.


... Even if his shirt doesn't "twirl" like her skirt does (believe me he tried).


Both kids had a blast admiring each other's matching outfits and this "matching set" trick is one I'm going to have to try again in the future.


Hooray for two thrilled customers, and hooray for an age when matching is actually fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment