Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Santa is Sus

One good turn deserves another! After A Few Sus Hoodies turned out to be a hit in 2021, I couldn't resist another Impostor print, this time Christmas themed.

For my son I created another Max and Meena Max Raglan - always a hit - and for my daughter I went with the Pattern Niche Dublin Dolman.  

This was my first time making the Dublin Dolman - I was inspired by a creation from the Inky Bluebird, and this shirt came together SUPER fast. It's up for debate whether banding the sleeves is faster or slower than traditional hemming. But not having to set the sleeves in (or even attach them, as with a raglan) is a pretty big time saver. I was very pleased with how the shirt turned out, and the relaxed look was a nice (and kid approved!) departure from most of the skin-tight knit patterns out there. 


Anyways, my kids were crazy for these shirts, and although I didn't finish them until about 2 weeks before Christmas, they were still a festive (and timely!) addition to all the Christmas fun.


1 comment:

  1. The dolman sleeves look great. Perhaps banding was more time consuming than hemming but it looks great as it set off the neck and bottom bands. Good decision. Judging by the smile on his face, the hoodie was very popular. I am glad the last time I saw you guys I got brief introduction to the game where you "Trust No-one!" This fabric now make perfect sense to me.

    ReplyDelete