Thursday, September 8, 2022

Frozen for Construction

Literally the night before my sewing room renovation started, I was in there cutting out two dresses for a pair of sisters who are friends of the family. My machines went upstairs to the bedroom, and I was determined not to let the renovation slow me down on my Christmas (and pre-Christmas!) Sewing.


To that, I now say "Ha!" My bedroom wasn't actually a bad sewing setup, but with the holiday and the renovation going on, playing "musical stuff" with all the things that came out of the sewing room - and prepping to move back into the sewing room - actually kept me pretty busy. 


So, these two dresses became the first project I completed in my new (and still kind of torn-apart) sewing room! I had to stretch it a bit to get 2 dresses out of the fabric, but for a Frozen print, a sister set was just too good to resist. 

The girls were very happy to receive their sister set, and I was very happy to be back in business when it came to sewing in my sewing room. 

2 comments:

  1. The two solid colors you picked go perfectly with the print... which is adorable in its own rite. The outfits are awesome. I smile to see you sewing in the master bedroom. My machine was in the master bedroom, too until you moved out to OKC. Another blogger asked the question was the greatest gift (sewing) we had ever received. I saved what I wrote to her and here it is in the next comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEWING ROOM AFTER ROBIN LEFT
    When my daughter moved from our home in California after college because of a job opportunity in Oklahoma (it was post 9/11/01 when jobs were scarce and graduate schools were impacted) I flew out with her. It was a roundtrip flight for me and a one way flight for her. I helped her set up her apartment when the big moving van arrived with her stuff. I was a great few days of mother/daughter bonding while my husband stayed home with her younger brother. On the flight home I was not looking forward to walking into her empty bedroom. Even though she'd been at college for four years the room still had her belongings so she did not seem really gone. My husband picked me up from the airport and once home I pretty much directly went up to her room... to brood? to reminisce? to cry? The room was not empty. My husband had moved in my sewing machine and fabrics and set it up as my room to sew/quilt. He said he wanted to prevent me from turning it into a shrine. He was so right and I was so thankful and grateful – for the room, for his thoughtfulness, and for that special time he enabled me to have with our daughter. I was a great gift.

    ReplyDelete