Monday, January 10, 2022

Inconceivably cute!

Before my SIL even knew the gender (let alone number) of babies she was carrying, she picked out this Princess Bride print for her baby-to-be. I'm also a huge fan, so I loaded up for both of us - but of course, at the time I only anticipated one baby so I only planned for one blanket.


A few days before my SIL went to the hospital to deliver, I knew I wanted to make a going home outfit *for* the twins, from this special first-pick fabric. But the challenge was, what size to make the outfits? The twins were measuring 5lbs and 6lbs respectively at the ultrasound a week before birth, so I covered my bases: their older brother *loves* the Chicka Chicka Bum Bum shorties I make, so I made them in Preemie AND in Newborn sizing (two of each!) so no matter what size the boys came out, they would have something that fit them right away.


By this point I will admit I was pretty tired of sewing baby cuffs on shorts, shirts, pants, cardis, etc. But it was quite satisfying to send this pic to my SIL right before her hospital stay, and let her know what was waiting for her when the twins were born!

No comments:

Post a Comment