Wednesday, January 12, 2022

A DBZ Welcome for the Twins

It took me a little while to find the perfect DragonBall Z fabric - and then even longer to get it ordered and delivered. But for my local twin nephews, I pulled out all the stops. Two yards of Woven, a yard of Cotton Lycra, Two Luxe Minky Blankets... lots of fun stuff for when the boys are young.

For the nursery, I had planned to make a crib sheet using the Quilter's Crib Sheet Tutorial by Stitched in Color. But unfortunately, when the (woven) fabric came, it was in two *separate* one yard cuts, rather than continuous yardage... oops. Fortunately my Mom (also a quilter) had encountered this problem before.


Her solution was to place extra strips along the sides of the fabric to increase the length of the sheet - I rotated the fabric and adapted the concept to increase the width, and it worked. As an apology the host also gave me an extra yard of the woven fabric, which I was thrilled to turn into a bassinet sheet - after I pilfered the extra inches I needed for my modified crib sheet.


For the boys themselves, I was still stitching on their Luxe Minky Blankets when they arrived (three weeks ahead of schedule! Apparently they don't like to let twins gestate too long). So, I didn't get a great shot of the blankets until *after* I gave them to the twins. 


But hey: what I lost out on in carefully curated shots that show off my makes, I more than got back in adorable models. Here's my daughter holding her newborn cousin, who is wrapped in a blanket hot off my sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment