Monday, January 17, 2022

Final Fantasy Set: Embrace Your Dreams

In August I made a few fun, on-point blankets for my long-distance nephew. But because of the late notice, I could not score any Double-sided Minky "Magic" blankets. That changed a few months later, when this fabric ran and I learned that my Brother-in-law is a big Final Fantasy fan. 


Even better, this Fabric's supplier in Japan now had a USA host, which made shipping *much* cheaper. So I ordered up blankets and "Stuffies" for my nephew. 


The Stuffies were a new adventure; I cut them out in rectangles, sewed them together, and stuffed them, but I did find out that the stuffing wasn't the most satisfying texture. Next time, I think I'm going to buy a backing fabric so I can shape the pillows to the characters' silhouettes. 

Here's the fronts of the pillows:


And the backs:


Because it was a long-distance nephew, all of this had to go into a box to be mailed; I wish I'd taken a picture *of* the box because - fearing that Nephew's parents would open it with a sharp object and accidentall stab one of the compressed pillows as it popped out - I wrote "Open Carefully: Pillows Inside" ALL OVER the box. My SIL later told me she was terrified to open it, but the pillows did come out unharmed. 

The blanket went into immediate use:


And both my nephew and my BIL Love it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment