Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Surrender to the Warmth of Minky

One of my favorite fabric hosts puts on a lovely Blank-A-Palooza every year, and it's my favorite time to buy fabric for gifts. Blankets are fast to sew up, and all my nieces and nephews are crazy about their "Magic Blankets." Normally I stick to kid blankets when I buy Double Sided Minky (it's expensive, for one), but when this showed up on the site, I knew only an adult-sized blanket would do for my Mother in Law.


It turns out an adult-sized custom blanket topper (which clocks in at a luxurious 72" tall by 60 inches wide) weights in at 3.5 lbs... and that's before you put the backing on! I backed this with Kammie Lou Lou's Signature Brushstrokes in Emerald, and gifted it when my in-laws visited. That put a smile on her face. 

1 comment:

  1. Sure looks cuddly and warm and the theme is right up her alley!

    ReplyDelete