Thursday, September 15, 2011

100 Quilts for Kids

Saw this today, and it seems like a really worthwhile project -




100 Quilts for Kids is a charity challenge that asks us to make quilts and then donate them to our own local charities. This year, they are collecting quilts from Sept 15 to October 14, and in order to have your quilt count, all you need do is link a picture of your quilt and where it went to a (forthcoming) post on SwimBikeQuilt's blog.

I would love to volunteer for this, but all my current WIPs already have designees. Kate Spain had a good idea I think might work for other people, though - she posted an old quilt top she's never gotten around to finishing and doesn't mind donating on her bog, and asked for volunteers to baste, quilt, and bind it. I am currently trying to get all the quilting experience I can muster, so I would like to offer the following deal to any piecers that want to participate, but hate quilting/assembly:

If you have a top that is already done, and which you would like to donate, I am offering to baste, bind and quilt it. You can leave a comment or email me privately, and we'll set up arrangements. I can accept tops by mail and if you like, mail it back directly to your favorite charity. Otherwise I can donate it to a local (Oklahoma) Charity where I live.

Here are examples of some of my work (some of which haven't been seen at this blog yet!:

Unnamed Quilts Magazine Project:



Upcoming "Spookyville" Quilt for a Halloween Baby:
 


And my first-ever full Quilting job, Rainbow Off the Rails:


So, if you're willing to team up with me to participate, please comment or send me an email. I'm pretty sure I can get at least 2 quilts in before the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment